BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you in with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt...and go out to dance with the joyful." - Jeremiah 31: 3-4

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Slightly scattered blog...

Today was our first time meeting with the Shimo girls. It was great to see them again and they all looked excited to see me too. I wished I could have spent more time with them on my internship but my mind was other places. I'm just glad that I have another opportunity to get to know them. They have been making cards for a few months now so Faith and I thought we would change it up a little. We taught them how to make bags.... and instead of trying to explain what they look like, I'll just upload a picture of them in the next couple of days. The girls really seemed to enjoy it and they surprised me quite a bit with how skilled and creative they were. I'm really looking forward to spending time with these girls and building relationships with them.

I was on Facebook earlier and noticed that there are a lot of status updates about how cold it is back home. I had to laugh. Today was hot! This is the kind of weather I always imagined Africa having. I remember being shocked when I had to wear sweatshirts when I came in July and how cold it would get in the evenings when I was here this past fall. Our coldest months in America are the warmest months here and vice versa. But the nice thing is, although it can get pretty warm it's never the kind of heat that we can get in the States. It's not humid or sticky. It's just very warm. You can easily sit outside and read a book without dripping sweat. It's actually kind of perfect. And the evenings are unbelievable.

We sat outside and ate dinner in the gazebo tonight. There's only eight of us here now, not including the Kenyans that also live on the compound. It's a lot different than before when there were at least sixteen people living here at all times. I must say that although I loved every single person that was here during the internship program, I enjoy the smaller group.

I've grown a lot since going home and coming back. I can see that now. I think differently about situations. I feel differently about people. My relationship with God is different. A lot of things are different. Most importantly though, at least in my opinion, is that I now have a clear view of what's important. I'm no longer distracted by the things that once caught my attention. I see flaws in my previous thoughts and am now able to focus on what Jesus wants for me, not what I want for myself. Praise God for that.

I'll upload pictures soon..... as soon as I take some.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Steph!

    I'm so proud of you and happy for you! Each time you enter that beloved Country of yours, you are transformed more and more into the peson that Christ designed you to be! Isn't it exciting!? It's exciting to be where I am and watching your heart getting more filled up with Him and your desire to know Him growing at the same pace! You are a beautiful women and I'm blessed to be a small part of this journey with you on the sidelines cheering you on! Love, In Him... Holl

    ReplyDelete